Thursday, April 7, 2011

Here's the Thing...

Somewhere along the line of my journey to my future goals I started viewing the phases of my life as obstacles, that are meant to be conquered. In theory, a good idea. College I believe is where it all started. Halfway through my education I began to see many futuristic possibilities and I forgot to take part in the "learnin" that was happening right in front of me. I told myself that all I had to was finish so I could get to the next phase of life, of my career. Well you can see where this is going. I forgot to indulge in the opportunities that were in front of me. I pushed through to finish college so I could get to the next thing. Of course every career path or lack there of was one repeated failure right after the other. "If I could just get through this than I can do this".

Well, that is no way to live life. Sure there are things in life we don't want to do; I was never too fond of dusting when I was a kid but I got an allowance for it and got to go to the movies later. Another way to interpret that would be; I was fortunate enough to dust in order to make money that would allow me to go to the movies later. A pretty big positive outlook for a child perhaps, but not as an adult.

My opportunity is now. I may not have any money, resources that are falling apart and absolutely no idea how I can accomplish the goals that I have set forth; but if I keep viewing my current predicament as something I need to get through, I may never get through it. I don't know why it took me so long to realize this. My work is something I get to do, not something I have to do. I do not need to just finish one project so I can get to the next. I get to work on and finish a project, and take joy in it; even if I don't get to got to the movies later. Of course I can't dwell too long, I won't ever sell anything if I don't produce it... duh!

Yes I need to push through the hard times and keep moving forward in order to conquer discouragement, but that's not exactly what I am doing. I'm standing outside the door waiting for it to open with nothing to show 'opportunity' on the other side. What am I stupid, I can't BS my way through this one. I have to show my work, as my math teachers would always say.

So, here's the thing, no more talk of my struggles and lessons learned. No more long blogs that only talk about how I must re-motivate myself to keep moving forward. Only post of how I actually am moving forward, fun post with fun things in them. Things that inspire me, things that I would read if I were reading someone else's blog. Yup, that's how it's going to be. This blog should be a representation of my company, my goals and what the hec I think I'm doing...

I can only sit and dream for so long before I have to actually start working, this is the only way to make my dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment